23K
Posts
15K
Followers
The latest Quad Cities news, weather and sports from Local 4 WHBF on https://OurQuadCities.com.
Nearly 30 new cases of cyclosporiasis confirmed in Iowa
By Natasha Keicher,
2 days agoDES MOINES, Iowa — Nearly 30 new cases of cyclosporiasis have been confirmed in Iowa since last week.
As part of its weekly update released Friday, the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services said there are now 300 confirmed cases in the state, compared to 272 from last week.
The Centers for Disease Control confirmed that Iowa’s cases are linked to the national outbreak that’s affecting multiple states and has resulted in two deaths. Officials said they are investigating iceberg lettuce sourced by Taylor Farms in central Mexico as the source of the outbreak.
On Tuesday, Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Kyle Diamantas said that the agency is confident that all iceberg lettuce believed to be connected to the outbreak has been removed from the market. Vegetable producer Taylor Farms voluntarily recalled lettuce products in mid-July.
Since May, there have been 13,895 confirmed cases and 10,455 unconfirmed cases, according to the CDC. Officials said those numbers could still climb, as it can take roughly six weeks to determine whether a case is connected to the outbreak.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said last week that it was investigating another cyclosporiasis outbreak not linked to lettuce.
Copyright 2026 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WHBF - OurQuadCities.com.
Comments
Cyclospora outbreaks with no confirmed sources grow: FDA
Nationwide recall of pastrami and corned beef over listeria risk
The FDA has noted a rise in Cyclospora outbreaks where sources remain unidentified.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Edmond Thorne
CJ Coombs
The 2020 haunting disappearance of five-year-old Hayden Ian Lee Manis in Muncie, Indiana
Hayden Ian Lee Manis has been missing from Muncie, Indiana (Delaware County), since January 11, 2020, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). Hayden's photo above (right) is an age-progressed likeness of how he might have looked at 9 years, though he would now be 11 if alive.
Jim O’Rear
Margaret Minnicks
Update on Mia Bieniemy's progress after being shot by her son on Sunday in her Virginia home
Mia Bieniemy, wife of Kansas City Chiefs coach Eric Bieniemy, is out of intensive care and making progress, according to a statement released by the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday, July 29, 2026.
The latest Quad Cities news, weather and sports from Local 4 WHBF on https://OurQuadCities.com.
22.7K
Posts
15.5K
Followers